Tech Tips Alert: Legitimate Web Sites Laden With Viruses
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Legitimate web sites are becoming infected with virus-like threats, a major risk for consumers and businesses alike. To stay safe:
- Be sure your antivirus and anti-spyware software is this year's version, and up-to-date.
- Be sure your web browser software (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc.) is the latest version.
- Run Microsoft Update (Windows users) or Software Updates (Mac users) regularly.
- Never click on emailed links, type the web site address instead.
- Be wary of web site banner ads.
Posted byTriona Guidry at 1:20 PM